Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Obsession

Hi the people who aren’t really reading my blog I would like to inform you of my most recent excitement.  There is something you need to know I have an obsession with Asian things… well specifically Japanese things or Japan as a whole now that you know this let us begin.
 So I asked my mom to buy me a Japanese to English/English to Japanese Dictionary for Christmas but, it seems that I had earned myself things I hadn’t asked for.  I did get one thing I enjoy just not as much as I would have the dictionary, I had gotten a fairy.  Yes one of those really cute ones but it was pink and not green so a little bit of a disappointment but not so much because it is really cute so it has been forgiven on the lack of green.
Ok back to my excitement, so I asked my mom again to get it for my Birthday and it has become painfully clear that she is not going to buy me one.  I decided its time to talk to someone about my deep sadness on not having this one thing I was asking for that would please me until I exploded unto a million excited exploded pieces.   My dad was on, now my dad lives in Colorado and I live in Iowa sometimes we don’t really get a chance to talk so I was excited to see him but bummed that I wasn’t getting my book.  So I talked to my dad and slowly worked in the book and my disappointment.
This idea was the best one I ever had because my dad is the best!  He told me he was going to get me one.  After a month of bugging him on how he said he would get me one we decided to look for the perfect book and found one.  He bought it for me now I’m to wait this week for it to come.  I was on it Sunday when I heard I was to receive such a beautiful object I went nuts even though I know I wasn’t going to get it that day I still had to ask if I had gotten anything so for the past three days it has been like this.
Sunday:
Me: “MOM!”
Mom: “WHAT?” wondering most likely on what I’m yelling about.
Me: “DADS GETTING ME THAT DICTIONARY! Well he already bought it so it should be coming any day now and the money goes to charity.”
Mom: Unenthusiastic “Cool.”
Me: I’ll just stand here awkwardly until she seriously acknowledges my existence.
Mom: turns and looks at me “Yes?”
Me: Smiles “Have I gotten anything in the mail?”
Mom: “seriously?”
Me:”No and yes…”
Mom: “go away.”
Me:”ok.” I walk away in my disappointment and wait for the next day.
So this sort of thing has been repeated several times now and its driving me nuts that internet hasn’t learned to send me things with in the five seconds that its been asked for but, they decide it’s the best thing in the world to make me wait a week.  I suppose I am a little impatient but I think that’s ok because I’m awesome and I’m going to learn Japanese so I will be a ball of awesome stuff and other people in Japan will talk to me and hear about how awesome I really am.
  On a more serious note I really love Japan to the point that I cried when it was hit with a earthquake, tsunami and, now radiation.   I was glues to the news just to hear if anything good was happening and was driven in to a deep hole of despair when I felt that my dreams and goals of moving and living in Japan where over so that I would just have to live in the crap hole town that I’m in for the rest of my life.   My boyfriend tried very hard in trying to distract me from my horrible fate of doom.  So I went to his house and he tried to introduce me to Hockey… well done Keith.
I wish I had more to write I would like to learn how to drag on sentences to make these things longer for the entertainment for you but it seems you don’t exist yet and I’m a failure yet again.  I'm sorry to my friends who are most likely more annoyed by my inability to shut up a bout everything but soon that book will be hear and it will switch to my annoying inability to try and speak Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment